Launched by the League of Women Voters in 2006, VOTE411.org provides a one-stop resource for non-partisan, personalized information on federal, state, and local, voting and elections. By entering their home address, voters can be informed about up-coming elections, learn how to register, find where to vote, see what will be on their ballot, read about candidates’ backgrounds and their responses to questions, and much more! For more information https://www.vote411.org/about
For our press release September 8, 2020 http://www.lwvtompkins.org/documents/VOTE411_release.pdf
Printable Pamphlet: How to Register and How to Vote
National Voter Registration Day, September 22, 2020
• Activities planned by League of Women Voters, Tompkins County
Rejoice the Vote Art Contest, Deadline October 1, 2020
Rejoice the Vote, one of our community partners, sponsors an Art Contest for all ages, in honor of the life and work of Rep John Lewis (1940-2020) and to encourage our young citizens to understand the importance of civic engagement and the power of the vote. Additional details available here.
2020 General Election, November 3, 2020
• October 9 is the last day to postmark your voter registration form
• October 10 is the last day to register to vote in person at your county Board of Elections office
• October 24 - November 1 Early Voting
• October 27 is the last day to postmark application for absentee ballot by mail.
• November 2 is the last day to apply in person for absentee ballot
• November 2 is last day to postmark absentee ballot.
• November 3 is the last day to deliver absentee ballot in person at board of elections
• November 3 General Election Day.
Empowering Voters, Defending Democracy -- League of Women Voters, US press release honoring George Floyd's life.
"We echo the call of our partners at the NAACP: we must all vote in November – the road to change lies at the ballot box."
Other Noteworthy Information
Current Natural Resources Related News
Tompkins County Legislature Proclamation Celebrating Women's History Month and the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
Recordings of LWV-TC Events
We have added an archive page of program recordings available here.
League of Women Voters, Tompkins County FaceBook Page
Election Information You Need
LWV US: Right Now: Voices of the League
LWV NYS State Voter
LWV NYS Twitter